Meeting minutes are subject to approval at the next meeting.
Sterling Elementary PTO
Regular Meeting: Thursday September 11, 2014
Meeting called to order at 4:03 pm in the media center by President Stacy Nunn
Officers present: Stacy Nunn - President, Suzette Laming - Vice President, Sharon Souva - Treasurer, Julie Boitnott- Secretary Administrators and teachers present: D. Shown – Kindergarten, M. Flitt – 1st grade, and K. Bree
Other members present: See attached.
Minutes of the May 8, 2014 meeting were reviewed. ­­211-14 Motion made to accept the April 10, 2014 regular meeting minutes by S. Nunn and second by S. Laming No objections, motion carried.
Treasurer Sharon Souva read the treasurer‘s report. Our current balance is $16,887.54
213-14 Motion made to accept the Apr/May treasurer’s report $20,388.99 by S. Gregg and second by L. Ward.
214-14 Motion made to accept the current treasurer’s report by N. Martel and second by Aliecia Benson.
- working calendar handed out by S. Nunn
- Calendar magnet – we will not be ordering magnets since the school calendar is still not finalized. 212-14 Motion made by N. Martel and second by S. Laming.
- Start up money for teachers – receipts must be turned in by April 15, 2015 to be reimbursed (see May 2014 meeting minutes for $ amounts and motion made).
- Digital sign – PTO provided a $5000 check that was cancelled and S. Souva was told not to reissue. Information regarding Sterling has not been posted on the sign as of yet. K. Bree will update as to if Sterling has a spot on the sign.
- End of the year ice cream was a success!
- Science Alive is scheduled for March 19, 2015. 12 classes total are being paid for.
- Staff breakfast has been changed to luncheon. September 25, 2014 will be the date. Approximately 30 staff members at $10 per person. 215-14 Motion made by S. Gregg and second by S. Laming for $350-400. Robin Schiffhauer and N. Martel volunteered to help. Sign up sheet was passed around to provide pop and desserts.
- Stacy Nunn has masters for volunteer and chairperson lists. Notify her if you need a copy.
- Stacy Nunn is working on getting the PTO website up to date.
- Charleston Wrap will be Sterling’s fall fundraiser and will run Oct 3-17, 2014. $0.50 will be added per item for tax. Items will be shipped out by November 2014. 40-50% profit will be made. $75 of that will be used to purchase a display for the Fall Festival kickoff.
- Fall Festival – Pizza, pop, cider, doughnuts, bounce house, and game items need to be purchased. 216-16 motion made to approve $400 by S. Gregg and second by Andrew Barnhart.
Home coming float – Andrew Barnhart is the new chairperson
Carnival - Trisha has not set a date yet. She has resigned from chairperson of the carnival but will assist the new chairperson.
Box Tops – contest will start soon
Campbell’s Soup Labels
Book Fair – scheduled Nov 3-6, 2014
Santa Shop –
Ronald McDonald House
Coke Rewards – Lori is recording
Teacher Reps: Microwave and toaster needed for the Teacher lounge. Stacy is checking Campbell (or another one of the collections) to see if we can order one with our rewards/points.
- Nikki Martel needs help selling tickets for Jack of Spades, fundraiser for 5th grade camp.
Next meeting scheduled for October 9, 2014 in the media center. 217-14 Motion made by D. Shown and second by N. Martel to adjourn meeting at 5:20pm. No objections, motion carried.